No joke you can ask my friend Ellen who is a connoisseur of Rent the Runway who can literally quote me saying, “No way, I would never use Rent the Runway. They don’t have anything in my size and they only have super fancy dresses.” Yes, it sounds a lil harsh, but I am sure it was stated after a couple glasses of pinot grigio, which is not my most elegant moments.
Well, Rent the Runway you have proved me wrong! I just recently signed up for Rent the Runway Unlimited and I am obsessed. Like the level of obsession that is greater than me binge watching corgis jumping into water…which if you have not seen before in your life…be prepared to laugh, cry, and rewatch again because it is so hilarious. For your viewing pleasure click here.
Ok, so let me back this fashion train up a bit. For those of you that are unfamiliar with Rent the Runway Unlimited here is the scoop. You create an account with RTR and you can select up to 4 pieces at a time. A majority of these pieces are designer too. That includes dresses, handbags, accessories, jackets, etc. you name it! You receive your pieces in a couple of business days and you can keep/wear them for as much time as you want and then when you want more pieces you just ship them back!
It is just a monthly fee so you can keep and return as many pieces as you want in the month, which definitely makes me feel like I am getting my money’s worth. Speaking of that cash money, RTR Unlimited is only $159 per month. Which I know some of you may be like wow, that is a lot! Well, just think about how much you spent on that last dress that was from Nordstrom and how many times you actually wore it. Basically you can get 4 dresses for that one price!
If you can identify with any of the below, you may just need to try RTR Unlimited:
- Sizing- Trying to find unique pieces in plus as we all know can be a super struggle. Well my friends they have a whole section dedicated to above size 12 options from casual to cocktail!
- Variety– Personally my style changes all the time and I find myself getting caught up in the latest trend only to be having it sit in my closet after I maybe get only 1 or 2 wears out of it. Then by that time you may not be able to consign it and make some of your money back since the trend has passed by! That is literally money down the drain. With RTR I can try out all the trends without having it hurt the ol bank account.
- Social Life– Your social calendar is quite full I know! With a year full of events such as weddings, baby showers, birthdays, bachelorette parties having a wide selection of looks for different events at the palm of your hands makes running out to the mall last minute a thing of the past!
- Designer Options– You want to wear designer clothes, but do not have the designer budget. Story of my freakin lifeeeeee. Honestly, I would rather book a flight to go on a trip over buying a designer dress or handbag. With RTR Unlimited I can have the best of both worlds! Save money and wear some of my favorite designers that I never thought in a million years I would be sporting.
- Sustainable– I love how the idea of renting clothing lengthens the life cycle of these pieces, which is great for mama earth!
Now, the getting real part. With some designers also comes fit issues too. If you are similar to my body type, I recommend going up a size or two as a just in case. So here are the pieces I have rented so far and I have been super happy about! If you are on the fence about RTR and want to learn more, let’s chat!